We Write.

“We write every day, we fight every day, we think and scheme and dream a little dream every day. Manuscripts pile up in the kitchen sink, run-on sentences dangle around our necks. We plant purple prose in our gardens and snip the adverbs only to thread them in our hair. We write with no guarantees, no certainties, no promises of what might come and we do it anyway. This is who we are.” -Tareheh Mafi

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Garden Statuary

"The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive.  ~ George Edward Moore


Garden Statuary has always fascinated me. The statues tell a story all their own.

Rose petals and a cupid from South Carolina
Duke Memorial Gardens
An unusual Roman soldier
Not unusual - a woman caught with her clothes in disarray
Chinese fish

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I love to visit gardens with statuary... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete