We Write.

“We write every day, we fight every day, we think and scheme and dream a little dream every day. Manuscripts pile up in the kitchen sink, run-on sentences dangle around our necks. We plant purple prose in our gardens and snip the adverbs only to thread them in our hair. We write with no guarantees, no certainties, no promises of what might come and we do it anyway. This is who we are.” -Tareheh Mafi

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Telling Stories Thru Pictures

January 1st, 2014

This is my last effort at blogging. 


Either it works, or it doesn't.
I've wanted to create a photo blog for a while, so I'm trying that.


Every day I write thousands of words, but I also like to tell stories through pictures. I love photography, and have dabbled in sculpture and watercolor.


I've found that when you're a storyteller, you look for everything around you to tell its story. A chair and a table needs an empty wine bottle, and a glass on its side. Imagination takes you the rest of the way. Who was sitting there? Was the lover rejected?


So this is the most words I'm writing on this blog. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves . . . or not.


Joyce




2 comments: